The Office of the Inspector General (IG) used ITPIE to perform an audit (Project Number 18TG005IT000) of USPS with the intent to determine the performance readiness state of the USPS Information Systems (IT). USPS maintains one of the largest distributed networks in the world servicing 30,000+ retail locations relying on 100,000+ network devices.
ITPIE identified 1,900 devices that were not accounted for in the USPS inventory system; 1,730 duplicate IP addresses; 2,697 duplicate hostnames; 3,458 missing serial numbers; and 3,333 missing device models.
ITPIE was deployed onto IG laptops that were connected to the USPS network, enabling the auditors to perform data collection across the network prior to arriving on-site for physical inspections.
- Smart surveys to avoid 31,000 Distinct Physical Site Visits 1
- Data Validation – Update USPS Inventory & Device Datapoints 2
- Data Visualization – Dynamic Generation of Network Maps
- Reliable Enterprise Inventory and Executive Reporting
- IG visited six larger “sample” sites only but collected digitally on the whole environment using ITPIE.
- Cleanup of existing USPS Inventory, IP Addresses, Hostnames, Serial Numbers, and Device Models.