A Voice/UC Enhancement Module to ITPIE
UCPIE (Unified Communications Programmable Integration Engine) is a software module of ITPIE that extends the functionality of ITPIE’s discovery, enrichment, correlation, and reporting capabilities to include Voice/UC products. UCPIE’s feature set boosts the productivity of TDM decommissioning project groups by allowing them to understand their existing/legacy voice environments rapidly. This includes but is not limited to obtaining detailed information on the (make, model, phone number, and location of ) end-user analog and/or digital voice instruments.
For example, UCPIE ingests E-911 records to correlate phone locations by phone number and their currently assigned users. As a software module of ITPIE, operators can then use the voice instrument location data to figure out which telecommunications closet is the servicing host and if the already deployed switches in that location offer PoE VoIP ports and to what capacity.
Benefits of UCPIE?
- Map your VOIP network and get updates in near real-time.
- Get visibility during VoIP transition, showing real-world migration status as it occurs.
- Create an inventory of all telephony (TDM, VOIP) devices on your network in minutes.
- For those migrating from a TDM to a UC network, this functionality will cut your project time to a fraction of its original estimate.
- Simplified administration of all phone assets in one application as a single source of truth.
In addition, UCPIE provides an accurate count/inventory of voice instruments and visibility into the voice environment’s existing dial plan, attached voice trunks/circuits, and other voice service appliances (i.e., voice firewalls, gateways…). UCPIE enables operators to focus on planning and implementing voice modernization activities, freeing the engineering service staff up from otherwise spending exorbitant amounts of time performing manual surveys and keeping such data fresh.